The focus of Retrocode UK is intended to be looking at anything related to 80s & early 90s gaming (and some contemporary work), programming and some hardware projects or other related items.
There will be entries around topics such as:
- Programming languages: c++, bash, assembler and perhaps some C64 BASIC
- Programming paradigms and practices (OOP, SOLID, clean coding, TDD, DDD)
- The Linux console, configuration and scripting
- Retro games, consoles and electronics projects
There have been a few previous incarnations of my blog, which either have lacked focus, or have become burdonesome to manage.
This website is written using plain text files in the form of markdown, and focused on a relatively narrow subject base. The workflow is also simple: write some markdown, and use a few scripts to add images and push to the GitHub repository to deploy and add to the live website.
- Hugo - Open source site development framework
- Victor Hugo - Boilerplate code for Hugo
- Netlify - Continuous Development
- Angel’s Ladder Theme - Base used for the current theme
- Highlight JS - Code syntax lighlighting
- git - git versioning software
- Manjaro - Arch-based linux distribution with simpler installation
- Arch - Bloat-free linux distribution
- Vim - Versatile text editor
- zsh - Extended bash
- i3wm - Highly configurable tiling window manager
- suckless terminal - KISS terminal
- qutebrowser - Vim inspired browser
- neomutt - Email client
- irssi - IRC client
- Standard Notes - Encrypted note-taking